Friday, 21 June 2013

Looking For Alaska

Okay so I've been in a really strange mood lately so I decided I needed some time alone! :-) Sooooo, today I went down to the beach at 9am and I wrote in my journal and read "Looking for Alaska" by John Green. I brought a flask of tea and some wheaten bread, and I had a really nice morning (and I don't do mornings). I left my phone at home the whole time and it really was a breath of fresh air!

My view this morning :-)



I'm really enjoying stuff from John Green lately, "The Fault In our Stars" was incredible!


I went to the post office and I changed some of my money into euro (ahead of my trip to Donegal in a few weeks time) and then I went to Tesco and bought my Mum & Granny flowers. For no reason at all. They loved them and so I was happy :) I also bought myself tulips because they’re my fav :) I bought ingredients to make fifteens and they are currently in the fridge! (post to follow)

I got this bottle in Avoca last year and I just adore it!



I made myself eggs and soldiers for lunch because I was feeling really nostalgic!


Cookie likes eggs and so she wanted share..


After lunch I went to pick up my Granny and surprise her with flowers. She loved them and placed them by her hearth so she could "look at them all day" :-) We went to the butchers and the fruit shop (Friday routine) and then we picked my Mum up from work. From there I took them to a shopping centre and then I went home.

I adore this woman! She's 83 and is always gleaming! 


My Granny was going through her handbag and found this letter from her brother Dan. I'm so excited to meet him and his family as I have never had the chance. He lives in Canada for 6 months and Florida for the other 6 months. Some people live the dream, ey!


I rearranged my tulips when I got home and I just love looking at them :)


I also went to Pets at Home and bought Cookie some new shampoo to stop her casting! She wasn't too amused when I put her into the bath...


Thank the heavens for Gravy Bones!!


All nice and clean with a cute bandanna on. Best dog ever! 


I went back to meet my Mum and Granny for dinner and I had the most delicious sandwich from O'Briens, yum!



After dropping my Granny home, I came back to make fifteens and they're in the fridge now, so I'll be able to slice them tonight/tomorrow morning!

I know I was with my Mum/Granny part of the day, but aside from that; I've really enjoyed a day by myself. I haven't spoken to any of my friends all day and I've tried to stay off social networking. I've tried to see what it would have been like 100 years ago. Obviously I wouldn't be writing a blog 100 years ago, but you catch my drift! I've been feeling really weird these past days and I can only hope my mood picks up in the coming days!

Thanks for reading :-)

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment